One way is the Cook Once, Eat Twice method . I cook a meal on one night and it feeds us for two nights, but my kids have no idea they are actually eating left-overs because the two meals seem completely different.
Here is ONE of her Cook Once Eat Twice recipes that I am sure you will enjoy and find simple to create TWO meals out of.
Night One – Grilled Flank Steak
1 2 1/2 lb. flank steak
1 cup Italian dressing
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tsp finely diced garlic
– Mix together Italian dressing, vinegar and garlic.
– Place steak in a baking dish, or Ziploc bag, and season with salt and pepper.
– Cover steal with marinade and refrigerate fro at least 4 hours.
– Bring steak to room temperature before grilling.
– Grill over medium-high heat fro 4 minutes each side.
– Cut across the grain and serve in strips.
2 tsp lime juice
3 T olive oil
1 tsp cumin
½ large onion, cut into strips
1 green pepper, cut into strips
Leftover flank steak, cut into strips
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
– In a medium sized pan on stove, warm olive oil, lime juice and cumin.
– Add onions and peppers, stirring frequently, and cook until glazed.
– Add steak and stir until warmed through.
– On tortillas, serve steak topped with lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese with sour cream as desired.
Do you have a favorite Cook Once, Eat Twice recipe? Share it with the 24/7 MOMS by leaving a comment or emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org .