24/7 MOMS wants to know what will be in your oven this Thanksgiving. Email us your yummy recipe ideas to email@example.com and we will share them with our 24/7 MOMS readers.
Ready to take a peek into my Thanksgiving oven? The Novotny’s Thanksgiving menu will include the traditional must-haves and a few new recipes this year.
Oven Roasted Turkey with stuffing ( watch for the 24/7 MOMS post this week on choosing and preparing the perfect Turkey)
The good news is this dish can be put together the day before and be ready to bake on Thanksgiving day.
2 10-oz. packages frozen, chopped Broccoli
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup pure mayonnaise
2 eggs well beaten
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced almonds
salt and pepper to taste
2 packages of Ritz crackers
Defrost/thaw Chopped broccoli
Mix together in large bowl: broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, mayonnaise, eggs, cheese, almonds, salt and pepper.
Butter a 9×13 casserole baking dish and pour mixture into dish.
Crush the Ritz crackers in a zip lock bag, then pour over top of broccoli mixture
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
Garlic Mashed Potatoes From: Martha Stewart
- 8 medium russet potatoes (about 4 pounds)
- 1 head peeled garlic cloves (about 15)
- Coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), cut into small pieces
- Peel potatoes and quarter lengthwise; cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick. In a 5-quart saucepan, combine potatoes and garlic cloves; cover with water (about 8 cups) by 1 inch. Add 1 tablespoon salt.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer until potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain; return garlic and potatoes to pan. Stir over medium-high heat until dry, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a boil; pour over potatoes. Add butter and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mash until smooth and creamy.
2 bags/pkgs Frozen whole green beans
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup butter
Season salt to taste
Place green beans in glass container and de-frost in microwave.
Toss in almonds and melted butter.
Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until hot and tender. ( do not over cook)
Fall Harvest Salad from Wishbone
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil, then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese to form a 3-inch circle on prepared pan. Repeat with remaining cheese to make 7 more circles. Bake 5 minutes or until golden around edges; cool.
- Arrange watercress and arugula on serving platter. Top with pear, cranberries and hazelnuts. Just before serving, drizzle with Wish-Bone® Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, then top each salad with two Parmesan crisps.
TIP: Add grilled turkey cutlets by coating 1 lb. turkey cutlets with 2 tablespoons of the Dressing and grilling or broiling until turkey is thoroughly cooked. Serve over salad.
And of course Cranberry sauce and rolls with butter.
from Costco. Great deal and yummy
Black Berry Crisp
Our family favorite black berry crisp recipe is from Chef John from Food Wishes.
We love to eat it with vanilla Ice cream.
What is on your Thanksgiving menu this year? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and share your menu plans.