1. Make your holiday centerpiece in any holiday theme. Use your imagination and craft materials to suit! Here is how the stately tree in the picture was made.
2. Roll out slabs of Crayola Model Magic® compound in different colors. Cut out at least 15 shapes with holiday cookie cutters. Set them aside to dry for 3 days.
3. Wrap a 14-inch or larger foam cone in silver ribbon or aluminum foil. Glue in place with Crayola School Glue.
4. Arrange several CDs into a platform to fit under the cone. Roll or press a Model Magic slab that is wider than the base of your cone. Form scallops or other decorative edges. Press on top of the CDs. Then press the cone on top of the base.
5. If you like, add feathers for a soft touch around the bottom. For glittery highlights, “ice” your dry holiday shapes and the base with Crayola Glitter Glue. Air-dry the glitter.
6. Use glue, bits of toothpicks, or wire to attach shapes to the cone. Be imaginative with their placement. If you have stars, put one on top for a traditional look. Air-dry the glue.
7. Surround your tree with festive greens, holiday ribbon, or little gift boxes decorated with Model Magic compound. This project makes a great holiday gift, too!