from : Nestle
Indulge in a soon-to-be holiday favorite with this taste-tempting dessert. Whipped topping borders a chocolate cookie crumb crust that serves as a delightful base for a festive peppermint ice cream pie.
Preparation Time: 15 min
Freezing Time: 3 hr 15 min
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 carton (1.5 quarts) Peppermint DREYER’S or EDY’S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream or Peppermint DREYER’S or EDY’S Limited Edition Frozen Dairy Dessert
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Small candy canes (optional)
- Chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce (optional)
COMBINE cookie crumbs and butter in large bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate. Freeze for about 15 minutes or until firm.* Place ice cream in refrigerator for 15 minutes to soften.
SPREAD softened ice cream evenly into frozen crust. Pipe or spoon whipped topping around border of pie. Arrange candy canes on top of pie. Freeze for several hours or until firm.
TO SERVE, cut pie into 8 wedges. Place on dessert plates and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
* 9-inch prepared chocolate cookie crust may be substituted.