- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar, plus 1 Tbs
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, plus 1⁄4 cup
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Heath candy bars
- 1 bag Rolo chewy caramels
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy, then add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
2. In a separate bowl, mix 2 1⁄2 cups flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture a little bit at a time and blend well. If the dough feels too sticky, sprinkle in a little extra flour. Cover and chill dough in fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Chop Heath bars into small pieces. Place in a small bowl and toss with 1 Tbs sugar.
4. Once dough has chilled, wrap a piece around each caramel, forming a 1-inch ball and covering the candy completely. Dip top of the dough ball into the candy topping and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Cookies will look quite soft, but do not overbake. Cool in pan slightly, then move to a rack or the counter to finish cooling. Store in a covered container.