> Are you planning a New years eve party or headed off to one and in need of SIMPLE appetizer recipes ?
Here are 4 recipes that will quickly become favorites.
Olive Cheese Balls from Betty Crocker
Cheap, Easy and always a hit
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
½ cup margarine or butter, melted
About 36 small pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
Mix cheese and flour; mix in margarine. (Work dough with hands if it seems dry.)
Mold 1 teaspoon dough around each olive; shape into ball. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Heat Oven to 400 degrees. Bake until set, 15-20 minutes.
Makes 3-4 dozen appetizers.
The Salami Thing
- 1(8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 9 pieces salami, large thick sliced
- 12 olives
Soften the cream cheese and spread each slice of salami with the cream cheese.
Stack the slices on top of each other, ending with the top slice having no cheese on it.
Cover and refrigerate till cheese is set and meat is good and cold.
Cut into 12 wedges. Garnish with an olive on a toothpick and push into top of wedges.
Baked Brie ala Melanie
By Susan Fox
1 Brie cheese round (8 ounces)
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup chopped pecans
½ cup dried cranberries
1 tsp water
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold pastry onto floured surface. Place cheese and all other ingredients in center. Fold pastry over cheese, bringing excess dough to top and twist to seal.
Beat together egg and 1 tsp water. Brush over top. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 20 min. Serve with crackers.
Wrapped Lit’l Smokies
1. Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
2. Unroll dough, separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
3. With a knife or pizza cutter cut each rectangle lengthwise into eight strips, making a total of 32 strips. Wrap one strip of dough around each smokie slightly stretching and overlapping dough. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with honey mustard, if desired.
Do you have a Simple Appetizer recipe? email it to us at email@example.com to be featured at 24/7 MOMS.