2. Share the Word – Talk to one another about what you are learning in your readings.
3. Pray together – Nothing is more intimate that praying with your spouse. Joining your hands with one another and combing your hearts with Gods is a wonderful way to draw close.
4. Couples Devotional – Complete a study together, discuss the questions and answers with one another, teach each other!
5. Hold each other accountable – Allow one another to share and receive correction from each other. Things making your spiritual relationship to grow deep.
6. Encourage accountability to others – Choose a group of men and women that will strengthen your commitment to one another.
7. Spend time with other couples – Connect with those who are intent on developing strong marriages and have defined boundaries.
8. Find Mentors – Ask a mature Christian couple with a healthy marriage to mentor you as a couple.
9. Be your spouse’s cheerleader – When you see your spouse take steps of spiritual growth compliment them. Let them know you see Jesus transforming them into who they are supposed to be.
10. Set apart your Sundays – Plan ahead so that you’re mornings before church is not a hectic. Replace the race with relaxation. Allow this time to prepare your hearts for what God has for you, your spouse and your children.
One of the greatest gifts you may give your spouse this Valentine’s Day or any day is to give them a commitment to spiritual growth.
In what ways do you grow closer to your spouse spiritually?
Jeanie Cullip is a happily married, stay-at-home mommy of 3 children of her own and 2 step-children. Finding joy, love & hope right in her own back yard and sharing it with her neighbors near and far. In love with Jesus, loves to giggle & loves to drink coffee. She is a freelance writer residing in Gig Harbor. Find out a “latte” about Jeanie on her Facebook fan page Cup of Joe with Jeanie. For questions and comments please e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org